The story begins in the year 1848. Louis Brandt had just turned 23 years old
when he started his own business assembling pocket watches in a small workshop at number 59, Avenue Leopold-Robert
in the town of La Chaux-de-Fonds.
1880 and control of the company has shifted to Brandt's ambitious sons,
Louis-Paul and Cesar. With the business expanding rapidly they move to larger premises in Biel where expansion
continues until 2 years later they are able to aquire the spacious grounds of an old weaving factory.
By 1890 they employ 600 people and are the leading watchmaking concern in the whole of Switzerland.